Former German President Warns of Far Right at 80th Anniversary of Buchenwald Liberation

Germany marked the 80th anniversary of the liberation of the Nazis’ Buchenwald concentration camp on Sunday as one of the country’s former presidents warned against “radicalization and a worldwide shift to the right.” 

The governor of the state of Thuringia, Mario Voigt, and former German President Christian Wulff spoke at a ceremony in the city of Weimar, near Buchenwald, attended by scores of people, including several Holocaust survivors from across Europe. 

Yemen’s Houthis Say Latest U.S. Air Strikes Kill At Least Four in Sanaa

United States air strikes have killed at least four people in Yemen’s Sanaa, according to the Ministry of Health. 

The attacks on the capital hit a home and wounded more than 20 other people, including four women and children, according to local sources. 

U.S. warplanes launched three other air strikes on the Al Jabal al Aswad area in the Bani Matar district, west of the capital. No details were available regarding casualties. 

Israel Changes Account of Gaza Medic Killings After Video Showed Deadly Attack

Israel's army has admitted its soldiers made mistakes over the killing of 15 emergency workers in southern Gaza on March 23.  

The convoy of Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) ambulances, a UN car, and a fire truck from Gaza's Civil Defense came under fire near Rafah. 

Israel originally claimed troops opened fire because the convoy approached "suspiciously" in darkness without headlights or flashing lights. It said movement of the vehicles had not been previously coordinated or agreed with the army. 

UN Says 100 Children Killed or Injured in Gaza Every Day Since War Resumed

The United Nations says at least 100 children have been killed or injured every day in Gaza since the strikes resumed on March 18, even as the United States underscores continued support for Israel. 

“Nothing justifies the killing of children,” Philippe Lazzarini, chief of the UN agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA), posted on X. 

Myanmar Confirms 180,000 Rohingya Eligible to Return, Bangladesh Says

Myanmar has confirmed that 180,000 Rohingya refugees living in Bangladesh since fleeing their homeland are eligible to return, the Bangladeshi government has said. 

The announcement, following talks in Bangkok, offered a possible breakthrough in the long-stalled repatriation process, although many Rohingya refugees say all of them should be allowed to go home. 

Croatia Identifies 16 War Victims Found Near Vukovar

Families of 16 people who were listed as missing from the Croatian war were notified that their loved ones had been identified after their remains were found in 2024 in a mass grave near Vukovar. 

Besides family members, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Veterans Tomo Medved and Chief State Attorney Ivan Turudic attended the identification announcement at Vukovar National Memorial Hospital. 

At Least 9 People Killed in Southwestern Syria Following Countrywide Israeli Strikes Overnight

Israeli strikes in Syria reportedly killed at least nine people in the southwest of the country, as Israel accused Turkey of trying to build a “protectorate” in Syria. 

Syrian state news agency SANA said that those who died in the strikes were civilians, without giving details. Britain-based war monitor The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that they were armed residents from the Daraa province. 

Thousands of Haitians Take to Streets to Protest Surging Gang Violence

Thousands of Haitians took to the streets in Port-au-Prince to express their anger against armed gangs that control nearly all of the capital and surrounding areas and the government's failure to hold them off. 

Violent armed groups have united behind a coalition known as Viv Ansanm and forced over 1 million people from their homes, which has contributed to a freezing of the economy and fueled mass hunger. They are also accused of extortion, mass rapes, and killings. 

Hundreds of Thousands Flee as Israel Seizes Rafah in New Gaza 'Security Zone'

Hundreds of thousands of fleeing Gazans sought shelter in one of the biggest mass displacements of the war, as Israeli forces advanced into the ruins of the city of Rafah, part of a newly announced "security zone" they intend to seize. 

A day after declaring their intention to capture large swathes of the crowded enclave, Israeli forces pushed into the city on Gaza's southern edge which had served as a last refuge for people fleeing other areas for much of the war. 

Subscribe to